-
情景英语
even_woo 发布于 2007-07-16 15:28:34
Unit 1Thanks 致谢
A: Good evening, Mrs. Johnson. Thanks a lot for inviting me.
詹森太太,晚安。非常谢谢你邀请我。
B: Not at all, Mei-mei. It's a pleasure to have you with us.
不客气,美美。真高兴你和我们在一起。
C: Hi, Mei-mei. Glad you could come.
嗨,美美,很高兴你能来。
A: Hi, Martin. Thanks for inviting me.
嗨,马丁,谢谢你邀请我。
C: It's my pleasure. Come in and take off your things.
我很乐意。请进,并请脱去你的外套。
B: Here, let me take your coat.
来,我帮你拿外套。
A: You're very kind.
你真是太好了。
D: Hello, Mei-mei, where've you been? We were expecting you earlier.
嗨,美美,你到哪里去了?我们原期待你早点来。
A: Hello, Helen. I was delayed by traffic, sorry I'm late.
你好,海伦,交通阻塞使我延误了,抱歉我迟到了。
D: Thanks a lot for dinner the other day, I had a wonderful time.
非常谢谢几天前的晚餐,我过得非常愉快。
A: Not at all. I had a good time, too.
哪里!哪里!我也很愉快。
C: All right, everyone. The supper is ready,please go /into/ the dinning room.
好的,各位,晚餐准备好了,请到餐厅。
D: Great! I'm starving.
好极了!我饿死了。
A: My! The food certainly looks good. Martin has been telling us what a good cook you are, Mrs. Johnson.
哇!菜看起来真棒。詹森太太,马丁已经告诉过我们,你做的菜很高明。
B: Why! Thank you,Mei-mei, I hope you like it.
哦!谢谢你,美美,希望你会喜欢。
2.精彩脱口秀--致谢
致谢是一种礼仪规范,它可以促进人际关系的良好发展。英美人更是精于此道,我们时时处处都能听到他们的感谢之辞。帮助无论大小,人无论尊卑,我们都要善于致谢。
●Thanks a lot.多谢。
●It's so sweet of you to help me.真的非常感谢你帮助我。
●You're just wonderful.你真是太好了。
●I can never thank you enough.我对您永远感谢不尽。
●You are very thoughtful.你想得真周到。
●You are most understanding.你真能体谅人。
●You are very helpful.你是很得力的帮手。
●Anytime.不客气。
●It was the least I could do.这实在微不足道,不过尽力而已。
●I'm very glad you enjoyed it.我很高兴你觉得满意。
●At your service.愿意为你效劳。
●I really appreciate it.我真得感谢。
●I can't thank you enough.我怎么感谢都不够。
●It was a great help.你帮了大忙。
●Thank you, anyway.无论如何要谢谢你。
●Thank you for coming.谢谢你光临。
●That's OK.没什么。
●You bet.应该的。
●Thank you.谢谢。
●Don't mention it.不谢。
Unit 2 Excuses and Regrets歉意与惋惜
1Dialogue
贝蒂住院了!她的两条腿都断了!唉,贝蒂实在是太可怜了!玛丽直到碰见贝蒂的姐姐南茜才知道这件事。她表示很惋惜,并且不会原谅撞倒贝蒂的那个男孩,他太无礼了!玛丽决定今晚就去看贝蒂,这令一直忙碌着的南茜很高兴。
A: Hi, Nancy. How's everything?
嗨,南茜,近来如何?
B: Not too much, Mary, Betty's in the hospital.
不怎么的,玛丽,贝蒂住院了。
A: No! Really? I'm so sorry to hear that. What happened?
哦不,真的吗?听到这个消息,真是遗憾。发生了什么事?
B: She was walking home from the bus stop when a car hit her.
她从公交车站走路回家的时候,有辆车撞到她了。
A: That's terrible. I hope she wasn't badly hurt.
真糟糕,希望她没有伤得很重。
B: Both legs were broken.
两条腿都断了。
A: Gosh, that's a shame. You must be busy now.
唉,太可怜啦!你现在一定很忙。
B: Yes, Every evening I'm at the hospital. Betty was feeling pretty blue for a while, but she's better now.
是的,我每天晚上都在医院。有一阵子贝蒂觉得相当沮丧,不过她现在好多了。
A: I'm glad to hear that. How about the driver?
听到这个我很高兴。司机怎么样了?
B: No. He got off without a scratch. To make matters worse, he hasn't even said he's sorry.
没有,他下了车,连擦伤也没有,更糟的是,他甚至连抱歉都没说。
A: I would think it would be pretty hard to forgive someone who acts like that.
我想要原谅做出这种事来的人,是相当困难的。
B: His father came to my office and apologized for the boy, but I don't know how the boy feels about it.
他父亲到我的办公室,为那个男孩道了歉,不过我不知道那个男孩对这个意外的感觉如何。
A: How long will Betty be in the hospital?
贝蒂要住院多久?
B: The doctors say at least a month.
医生们说至少要一个月。
A: I'm sorry I didn't contact you. Nancy, maybe I could have helped.
南茜,抱歉,我没有跟你联络,也许我帮得上忙。
B: That's OK. I know you've been busy. Why don't you drop by and pay Betty a visit? She would appreciate it.
没关系,我知道你一向很忙。何不顺路去看看贝蒂,她会很感激的。
A: I will. I'll see if I can make it this evening. Where is she?
我会的,我看看今天晚上是否能去,她在哪里?
B: Mercy Hospital. Room 218.
慈恩医院,218号病房。
A: Thanks, Nancy. Goodbye.
谢谢,南茜。再见。
B: So long, Mary.
再见,玛丽。
2精彩脱口秀--歉意与惋惜
适时地表达歉意是修补人际关系的重要手段。道歉不仅是为了礼貌的周全,更是为了维持人际关系的和谐。在社会交往中,如果我们给别人造成了麻烦或不方便,我们要及时表示歉意;当听到别人道歉时,我们应该作出积极友善的反应,给予谅解,有时还要勇于承担责任。这不仅是有礼貌、有教养的表现,而且还有助于问题的解决和关系的改善。
●Excuse me.对不起(请原谅)。
●I beg your pardon.我请求您的原谅。
●Forgive me.请原谅。
●Oh, my fault.哦,是我的过错。
●It was rude of me.我真是失礼。
●I just don't know what to say.我真不知该说什么好。
●It was most careless of me.我真是非常粗心。
●I can't apologize enough.我怎么道歉都不够。
●I apologize if I hurt your feelings.如果我伤害了你的感情,我道歉。
●Will you accept my apology?你能接受我的道歉吗?
●Sorry,we can't help you.抱歉,我们帮不上忙。
●I'm sorry to have kept you waiting.抱歉让你等候。
●I wish I could help you.希望我能帮得上忙。
●I'm sorry it worked out this way.我很抱歉,事情变成这样。
●I'm sorry, I didn't mean that.我很抱歉!我不是那个意思。
●Oh, my gosh, I'm late, what excuse can I give the clients?哎呀,惨了!迟到了。我能找什么借口对客户说呢?
●I apologize. The traffic was bad.我道歉,路况不佳。
●It was really quite unintentional.这实在不是有意的。
●Forget it.别再提了。
●It's really of no importance.这实在不值一提。
Unit 3 Suggests建议
1Dialogue
圣诞节到了,开个圣诞舞会是再好不过的主意了。我和露西商量请谁来参加舞会,安迪向我们提出了很好的建议。
A: Say, Andy, Lucy and I are planning to have some friends in for a little Christmas party. I want to ask you advice about inviting certain people that you know quite well.
喂,安迪,露西和我正计划邀请几位朋友在家开个小型的圣诞舞会。对于要邀请你所熟悉的人,我想听听你的意见。
B: Sure, David, I'd be glad to. But it's your party, why don't you invite just the people you know well?
当然,大卫,我很乐意。但是这是你们开的舞会,为什么不邀请你较熟悉的人呢?
C: We are, but there are some we'd like to invite that you know better than we do.
我们是这么做的,但是有一些我们想要邀请的人,你比我们更熟。
B: All right, which are the ones you want to ask me about?
好的,哪些人是你们想要问我的?
A: First of all, George and Kay.
首先,要邀请的是乔治和凯伊。
B: Oh, they're an awfully nice couple. They'd fit any place and I'm sure theyd love to come.
哦,他们是好得不得了的一对。他们到什么地方,都和别人合得来,我确定他们会喜欢来的。
A: Good.
好。
C: And there's Alice. What about her?
还有爱丽丝。她怎么样?
B: Well, if you invite Alice, you should invite Frank, too. I think they'll be tying the knot soon.
好的,如果你邀请爱丽丝,你也应该邀请弗兰克。我想他们很快就要结婚了。
C: Well, we don't know Frank, but we'd be glad to have him come.
好的,虽然我们不认识弗兰克,但是我们欢迎他来。
B: Do you have Bob on your list?
鲍伯有没有在你的名单上呢?
A: Yes, he was the next name on our list. What do you advice about him?
有的,他是我们名单上的下一位。你对他有何意见?
B: By all means give him an invitation. He's lots of fun at parties.
无论如何要邀请他,他在舞会上会很有趣的。
A: Good, we'll send him an invitation.
好的,我们会给他一封邀请函。
B: I guess that's all, then.
那么,我想已经足够了。
A: Thanks a lot.
多谢了。
2精彩脱口秀--关于建议
善于向他人提供建议是重要的交际手段。在特定的场合用适当的语气向他人提出建议是一个人口语表达能力的重要标志。
●You should ... if you see what I mean.如果你明白我的意思,你就应该……
●Why not go to do it now?你为什么不现在做呢?
●I reckon you should...我看你应该……
●If I were in your position, I would...我要是处在你的地位,我就……
●If I were you, I'd...如果我是你,我就……
●You might as well...你不妨……
●If you take my advice, you'll...如果你听我的劝告,就……
●You would be ill-advised not to...你要是……就不明智了。
●Just try again.你就再试一试吧。
●I have an idea.我有个点子。
●Good idea.好主意。
●Okey by me.我看行。
●That's great.好极了。
●Believe I will.我会这么办的。
●That's just my cup of tea. 查看(62) 评论(1) 收藏 推荐
十分有用的辩论常用短语 *
even_woo 发布于 2007-07-16 16:26:15
1. stating an opinion 陈述观点
a. in my opinion… 我的意见是……
b. b. personally i think... 我个人认为……
c. i believe that... 我相信……
d. i think that... 我觉得……
e. the point is that... 我的观点是……
f. if you ask me... 如果你问我……
g. i'd like to say this: ... 我会这样说……
h. i’d like to point out that 我想指出的是……
i. speaking for myself 站在自己的立场上说……
j. as far as i’m concerned, … 就我而言,……
k. in my experience… 根据我的经验……
2. challenging an opinion 质疑某种观点
a. that can’t be true 那不可能是真的。
b. but what about…? 但关于……方面呢?3. clarifying a point 阐述观点
a. what i said was… 我刚才说的是……
b. what i mean to say was… 我的意思是说……
c. let me repeat what i said. 让我重复我刚才所说的。
d. let me rephrase what i said. 让我重申刚才所说的。4. agreeing with an opinion 同意观点
a. of course 当然。
b. right. 是的。
c. exactly. 对。
d. that’s true. 是那样。
e. so do i. (neither do i.) 我也这样认为。(不这样认为。)
f. i agree completely. 我完全赞同。
g. i agree with you entirely. 我完全同意你所说的。
h. you’re absolutely right. 显然你是对的。
i. that’s a good point. 这个看法不错。
j. i couldn’t agree with you more. 我绝对赞成你。
k. that’s just what i think. 我就是那样认为的。
l. i feel the same way. 我也持同样的想法。5. disagreeing with an opinion 反对意见
a. however, … 然而……
b. i’m afraid i disagree. 恐怕我是持反对意见的。
c. i don’t think so. 我不那样认为。
d. i don’t think… 我认为……不是那样的。
e. on the other hand… 另一方面……
f. on the contrary. 相反的。
g. that’s not (entirely) true. 那不(完全)正确。
h. i can’t possibly agree with you. 我不可能同意你。
i. i hate to disagree with you, but… 我不喜欢反对你,但……
j. all right, but don’t you think…? 好吧,但难道你不觉得……
k. but that’s different. 但那是不一样的。6. asking for an opinion 询问意见
a. well…what do you think (about…)? …你觉得怎么样?
b. do you agree? (don’t you agree?) 你同意吗?(你是不是同意?)
c. what’s your view on the matter? 就这件事你的看法呢?
d. how do you see it? 你怎么看它?
e. let’s have your opinion. 让我们听听你的意见!
f. do you think that…? 你认为……吗?7. summarizing a discussion 讨论总结
a. then we agree. 然后我们取得一致。
b. basically we're in agreement. 我们基本上有共识。
c. i think we have agreed to disagree. 我想我们有相同点和不同点。
d. i see we have different opinions. 我知道我们意见有分歧真正的口语I
even_woo 发布于 2007-07-16 17:10:56
You are my everything! 你是我的一切
They'll take you out! 他们会把你干掉
Very impressive! 真厉害
We're in good shape! 我们情况还不错
He’s got balls! 他很有种
He’s got guts! 他很有种
You have no balls! 你没种
You’ve got no guts! 你没种
You’re gutless! 你没种
Let me get this straight. 让我是把事情搞清楚, 讲清楚
Cut off this shit. 少废话
He got away with it. 他逃脱了, 开脱了
Don't get that look! 不要摆那种脸色
Real bad! 真糟糕
My bad! 是我的错
Let's get down to business. 我们就开门见山吧,我们直话直说吧
He’s a down-to-earth person. 他是个很实际的人
What is it to you? 那关你什么事?
It's all healed up. 痊愈了
Don't blow it. 不要搞碴了
Don't ever do that again. 不要再那样
I'm backing out. 我退出
I'll keep an eye on you. 我会盯箸你的
You are a player. 你是个中好手
He's grounded. 他被禁足了
Get your ass down! 你给我下来!
Get your ass out! 你给我出去!
You got me. 你难倒我了
That's worth trying. 值得一试
That's so gross. 真恶心
Do you think you're so hot? 你以为自己很了不起吗?
You don't belong here. 你不属于这里,你不是这块料
I owe you one. 我欠你一次
It can't be helped. 没办法
You got to carry on. 你要撑下去
Let’s hang out sometime. 我们找个时间出去混一混吧
It's kind of early. 还有点早
You're letting me down. 你让我扫兴,失望
Don’t let me down. 不要让我失望
There's no turning back. 这是不归路
Take it or leave it! 要不要?不要拉倒! 接不接受? 不要就算了!
All set? =All ready? 都准备好啦?
I'm really excited about this! 好剌激喔!
I'm booked today. 我今天已经约满
Book him! 把他拘押
I made the kid a promise. 我已经答应孩子了
Is it coming back to you? 想起来了吗?
I need fifty. 我要一半
What’s new? 有什么新鲜事?
You look like shit! 你看起来真狼狈
Everybody's happy! 皆大欢喜
Shoot! 有话快说,有屁快放
We can get through this together. 我们可以一起渡此难关
You just don't get it. 你就是不明白; 你就是不懂状况
What do you care? 关你啥事<
let us be good friends,enjoy yourselvels!
