日历

« 2008-12-05  
 123456
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
28293031   

RSS订阅

  • 常用英语口语绝佳句型100句

    2008-02-20 21:15:20

    1.I’m an office worker. 我是上班族。

    2.I work for the government. 我在政府机关做事。

    3.I’m happy to meet you. 很高兴见到你。

    4.I like your sense of humor. 我喜欢你的幽默感。

    5.I’m glad to see you again. 很高兴再次见到你。

    6.I’ll call you. 我会打电话给你。

    7.I feel like sleeping/ taking a walk. 我想睡/散步。

    8.I want something to eat. 我想吃点东西。

    9.I need your help. 我需要你的帮助。

    10.I would like to talk to you for a minute. 我想和你谈一下。

    11.I have a lot of problems. 我有很多问题。

    12.I hope our dreams come true. 我希望我们的梦想成真。

    13.I’m looking forward to seeing you. 我期望见到你。

    14.I’m supposed to go on a diet / get a raise. 我应该节食/涨工资。

    15.I heard that you’re getting married. Congratulations.听说你要结婚了,恭喜!

    16.I see what your mean. 我了解你的意思。

    17.I can’t do this. 我不能这么做。

    18.Let me explain why I was late. 让我解释迟到的理由。

    19.Let’s have a beer or something. 咱们喝点啤酒什么的。

    20.Where is your office? 你们的办公室在哪?

    21.What is your plan? 你的计划是什么?

    22.When is the store closing? 这家店什么时候结束营业?

    23.Are you sure you can come by at nine? 你肯定你九点能来吗?

    24.Am I allowed to stay out past 10? 我可以十点过后再回家吗?

    25.The meeting was scheduled for two hours, but it is now over yet. 会议原定了两个小时,不过现在还没有结束。

    26.Tom’s birthday is this week. 汤姆的生日就在这个星期。

    27.Would you care to see it/ sit down for a while? 你要不要看/坐一会呢?

    28.Can you cover for me on Friday/help me/ tell me how to get there? 星期五能不能请你替我个班/你能帮我吗/你能告诉我到那里怎么走吗?

    29.Could you do me a big favor? 能否请你帮我个忙?

    30.He is crazy about Crazy English. 他对疯狂英语很着迷。

    31.Can you imagine how much he paid for that car?你能想象他买那车花了多少钱吗?

    32.Can you believe that I bought a TV for $25?

    33.Did you know he was having an affair/cheating on his wife? 你知道他有外遇了吗?/欺骗他的妻子吗?

    34.Did you hear about the new project? 你知道那个新项目吗?

    35.Do you realize that all of these shirts are half off? 你知道这些衬衫都卖半价了吗?

    36.Are you mind if I take tomorrow off? 你介意我明天请假吗?

    37.I enjoy working with you very much. 我很喜欢和你一起工作。

    38.Did you know that Stone ended up marrying his secretary? 你知道吗?斯通最终和他的秘书结婚了。

    39.Let’s get together for lunch. 让我们一起吃顿午餐吧。

    40.How did you do on your test? 你这次考试的结果如何?

    41.Do you think you can come? 你认为你能来吗?

    42.How was your weekend ? 你周末过得怎么样?

    43.Here is my card. 这是我的名片。

    44.He is used to eating out all the time. 他已经习惯在外面吃饭了。

    45.I’m getting a new computer for birthday present. 我得到一台电脑作生日礼物。

    46.Have you ever driven a BMW? 你有没有开过宝马

    47.How about if we go tomorrow instead? 我们改成明天去怎么样?

    48.How do you like Hong Kong? 你喜欢香港吗?

    49.How do you want your steak? 你的牛排要几分熟?

    50.How did the game turn out? 球赛结果如何?

    51.How did Mary make all of her money? 玛丽所有的钱是怎么赚到的?

    52.How was your date? 你的约会怎么样?

    53.How are you doing with your new boss? 你跟你的新上司处得如何?

    54.How should I tell him the bad news? 我该如何告诉他这个坏消息?

    55.How much money did you make? 你赚了多少钱?

    56.How much does it cost to go abroad? 出国要多少钱?

    57.How long will it take to get to your house? 到你家要多久?

    58.How long have you been here? 你在这里多久了?

    59.How nice/pretty/cold/funny/stupid/boring/interesting.

    60.How about going out for dinner? 出去吃晚餐如何?

    61.I’m sorry that you didn’t get the job. 很遗憾,你没有得到那份工作。

    62.I’m afraid that it’s not going to work out. 我恐怕这事不会成的。

    63.I guess I could come over. 我想我能来。

    64.Is it okay to smoke in the office? 在办公室里抽烟可以吗?

    65.It was kind of exciting. 有点剌激。

    66.I know what you want. 我知道你想要什么。

    67.Is that why you don’t want to go home? 这就是你不想回家的原因吗?

    68.I’m sure we can get you a great / good deal. 我很肯定我们可以帮你做成一笔好交易。

    69.Would you help me with the report? 你愿意帮我写报告吗?

    70.I didn’t know he was the richest person in the world.我不知道他是世界上最有钱的人。

    71.I’ll have to ask my boss/wife first.我必须先问一下我的老板/老婆。

    72.I take it you don’t agree. 这么说来,我认为你是不同意。

    73.I tried losing weight, but nothing worked. 我曾试着减肥,但是毫无效果。

    74.It doesn’t make any sense to get up so early.那么早起来没有任何意义。

    75.It took years of hard work to speak good English. 讲一口流利的英语需要多年的刻苦操练。

    76.It feels like spring/ I’ve been here before. 感觉好象春天到了/我以前来过这里。

    77.I wonder if they can make it. 我在想他们是不是能办得到。 

    78.It’s not as cold / hot as it was yesterday. 今天不想昨天那么冷/热。

    79.It’s not his work that bothers me; it’s his attitude. 困扰我的不是他的工作,而是他的态度。

    80.It sounds like you enjoyed it. 听起来你好象蛮喜欢的。

    81.It seems to me that be would like to go back home. 我觉得他好象想要回家。

    82.It looks very nice. 看起来很漂亮。

    83.Is everything under control? 一切都在掌握之中吗?

    84.I thought you could do a better job. 我以为你的表现会更好。

    85.It’s time for us to say “No” to America. 是我们对美国说不的时候了。

    86.The show is supposed to be good. 这场表演应当是相当好的。

    87.It really depends on who is in charge. 那纯粹要看谁负责了。

    88.It involves a lot of hard work. 那需要很多的辛勤工作。

    89.That might be in your favor. 那可能对你有利。

    90.I didn’t realize how much this meant to you. 我不知道这个对你的意义有这么大。

    91.I didn’t mean to offend you. 我不是故意冒犯你。

    92.I was wondering if you were doing anything this weekend. 我想知道这个周末你有什么要做。

    93.May I have your attention., please? 请大家注意一下。

    94.This is great golfing / swimming/ picnic weather. 这是个打高尔夫球/游泳/野餐的好天气。

    95.Thanks for taking me the movie. 谢谢你带我去看电影。

    96.I am too tired to speak. 我累得说不出活来。

    97.Would you tell me your phone number? 你能告诉我你的电话号码吗?

    98.Where did you learn to speak English? 你从哪里学会说英语的呢?

    99.There is a TV show about AIDS on right now. 电视正在播放一个关于爱滋病的节目。

    100.What do you think of his new job/ this magazine? 你对他的新工作/这本杂志看法如何?

     

  • 接见客户必须用的58句商务英语

    2008-02-19 21:44:48

    http://info.china.alibaba.com 

        1.Excuse me. Are you Susan Davis from Western Electronics?

        
    对不起,你是来自西方电子公司的苏姗·戴卫斯吗?

        2.Yes, I am. And you must be Mr. Takeshita.

        
    是的,我就是,你一定是竹下先生吧。

        3.Pardon me. Are you Ralph Meyers from National Fixtures?

        
    对不起,请问你是从国家装置公司来的雷夫·梅耶史先生吗?

        4.I"m Dennis. I am here to meet you today.

        
    我是丹尼斯,今天我到这里来接你。

      5.I"m Donald. We met the last time you visited Taiwan.

        
    我是唐纳德,上次你来台湾时我们见过面。


        6.I"m Edwin. I"ll show you to your hotel.

        
    我是爱德温,我带你去旅馆。


        7.How was your flight? Was it comfortable?

        
    你坐的班机怎么样?还舒服吗?


        8.It was quite good. But it was awfully long.

        
    班机很好,就是时间太长了。


        9.Did you have a good flight?

        
    你旅途愉快吗?


        10.Not really, I"m afraid. We were delayed taking off, and we encountered a lot of bad weather.

        
    不太好,我们起飞延误了,还遭遇了恶劣的气候。


        11.How was your flight?

        
    你的航班怎样?


        12.Did you get any sleep on the plane?

        
    你在飞机上睡觉了吗?


        13.Mr. Wagner, do you have a hotel reservation?

        
    华格纳先生,你预订过旅馆吗?


        14.No, I don"t. Will it be a problem?

        
    不,我没有,会有困难吗?


        15.I don"t think so. I know several convenient hotels. Let me make some calls.

        
    我认为没有,我知道有几家便利旅馆,让我打几个电话。


        16.I"ve made a reservation at the hotel you used last time.

        
    我已预订了你上次住过的旅馆。


        17.We"ve booked a Western-style room for you.

        
    我们已为你订了一间西式的房间。


        18.Let"s go to the station to get a train into town.

        
    我们到火车站去乘车进城。


        19.Does it take long to get into Taibei from here?

        
    从此地去台北要很久吗?

    20.It"s about an hour.

        
    大概要一个小时。

     21.We"ll get a taxi from the station.

        
    我们到火车站乘出租车。

        22.There"s a shuttle bus we can use.

        
    我们可搭乘机场班车。

        23.I"ve brought my car, so I can drive you to your hotel.

        
    我开车来的,所以我开车送你到旅馆。

        24.You must be hungry. Shall we get something to eat?

        
    你一定饿了,我们吃点东西好吗?

        25.That sounds good. Let"s get something at the hotel restaurant. I feel a little tired.

        
    那太棒了,我们就到旅馆餐厅吃点东西,我有点累了。

        26.Would you like to have some dinner?

        
    你想吃饭吗?

        27.What would you like to eat?

        
    你想吃什么呢?

        28.Can I take you out to dinner? It"ll be my treat.

        
    我带你出去吃饭好吗?这次我请客。

        29.If you"re hungry, we can eat dinner now.

        
    如果你饿了,我们现在就去吃饭。

        30.Have you had breakfast yet?

        
    你吃过早餐了吗?

        31.Yes. It was delicious.

        
    是的,味道很好。

        32Good. Let"s go to the office.

        
    好的,我们去办公室吧。

        33.How is your room?

        
    你的房间怎样?

        34.Did you sleep well last night?

        
    你昨晚睡得好吗?

        35.Why don"t we go to the office now?

        
    为何我们现在不去办公室呢?

        36.We"ll start with an orientation video. It runs about 15 minutes.

        
    我们将从一个电视简报开始,大概放15分钟。

        37.The tour will take about an hour and a half. We ought to be back here by  3:00.

        
    参观大概要一个半小时,3点钟以前回到这里。

        38.Our new product line has been very successful. We"ve expanded the factory twice this year already.

        
    我们新的生产线非常成功,我们今年已把工厂扩展了两倍。

    39.I"d like to introduce you to our company. Is there anything in particular you"d like to know?

        
    我将向你介绍我们的公司,你有什么特别想知道的吗?

        40.We have some reports to show you for background information.

        
    我们还有一些报告向你介绍背景资料。

        41.Is your factory any different from other plastics factories?

        
    你们工厂和其他塑胶工厂有何差别呢?

        42.Yes, our production speed is almost twice the industry-wide average.

        
    是的,我们的生产速度是其他工厂两倍。

        43.I"d like to explain what makes this factory special.

        
    我要向你说明本工厂的特性。

        44.This is the most fully-automated factory we have.

        
    这是我们的全自动化工厂。

        45.It"s the most up-to-date in the industry.

        
    这是同业中最新型的。

        46.We"ve increased our efficiency by 20% through automation.

        
    通过自动化我们的效率增加了20%

        47.Could you tell me the cost of production per unit?

        
    请你告诉我每件成品的生产成本好吗?

        48.I"m afraid I don"t know. Let me ask the supervisor in this section.

        
    恐怕我不知道,让我来询问一下该组的负责人。

        49.I"m not really sure about that. Mr. Jiang should know the answer to that.

        
    关于那事我不敢确定,蒋先生应该知道答案。

        50.Let me direct that question to the manager.

        
    让我直接问经理好了。

        51.I"m not familiar with that part. Let me call someone who is more knowledgeable.

        
    那部分我不熟悉,让我找专业人士来说明。

        52.Yes, I"d like to know your daily production.

        
    是的,我想知道你们的日生产额。

        53.Is there anything you"d like to know?

        
    你想知道什么?

        54.Is there anything I can explain fully?

        
    有什么事情要我详细说明的吗?

        55.What did you think of our factories?

        
    你认为我们的工厂怎样?

        56.I was impressed very much.

        
    我有深刻的印象。

        57.thank you very much for giving us your valuable time.

        
    我们占用了你宝贵的时间,非常感谢。

        58.We have a small gift for you to take with you when you leave the factory.

        
    你离开工厂时,我们有件小礼物要送给你。




     

  • 美国习惯用于讲座

    2008-02-18 09:28:00

     一、  今天我们再来给大家讲解两个以short这个字为主的习惯用语。In short order. In short order就是立即,马上的意思。许多美国孩子都不喜欢打扫房间。这也是父母经常训孩子的主题之一。下面这个例子里说话的爸爸倒是找到了一个办法,让他的儿子把房间立即打扫干净。

     

    For weeks I've been trying to get Jack to clean up his room. He finally did it in short order today after I told him he wouldn't get his allowance this week until he did

    这位爸爸说:几个礼拜来,我一直催促杰克把自己的房间打扫干净。今天我告诉他,要是他不打扫的话,这个星期就不给他规定的零花钱。这样他总算没有再拖延,马上把房间打扫干净了。

     

    二、  我们再来举一个例子。美国的各种机构,特别是学术机构,经常会就某个问题请一些这方面的著名人士来参加讨论会。下面这个例子里讲话的人正在跟他太太说他的准备工作。

    I've gathered all the information I need for my speech at the seminar. I'll be able to have it written in short order. So, don't worry! In fact, there's plenty of time for me to get things ready.

    这人说:我在研讨会上发言所需要的材料都已经搜集好了。我马上就可以把发言稿写好。所以,你别担心。事实上,我还有很多时间为这次会议做好准备。

     

    三、  今天我们要讲的第二个习惯用语比较长,请大家注意听。To get the short end of the stick. End就是末端,stick就是一根棍子。To get the short end of the stick,作为俗语,它的意思就是:你在某一件事上吃了亏。我们来举一个例子就能说明这个习惯用语的真正含义。有一次,一个朋友工作的公司要举行新年联欢会,每人出五个美元买食品和饮料,大家还推举这位朋友负责为联欢会安排食品供应。联欢会结束后,他拖着疲乏的步伐回到家里对自己的太太说:

    I was so busy taking care of the food during the party. Everybody seemed to be enjoying. But by the time I tried to find something to eat, the only thing left was a handful of peanuts. I sure got the short end of the stick.

    这位朋友对太太说:在整个联欢会过程中,我为了安排食品而忙忙碌碌。每个人都似乎在尽情享受。可是等到我想吃点东西的时候,剩下的只有一把花生了。我可真是吃了亏啦。

    四、  下面这个例子是一个人跟其他两个朋友合夥做生意。但是他最后损失了很多钱。你听了他讲的话就会知道是怎么回事了。他说:

    My two partners and I each put up one-third of the money to start our business. But I was the only one to lend the company more money. So when it went bankrupt, I was left with the short end of the stick.

    我跟其他两个合夥者每人拿出三分之一的资金来开办我们的公司。但是,只有我一个人为公司提供了更多的贷款。所以,当这个公司破产的时候,我就吃了亏了。

  • telecommunication.doc

    2008-02-18 09:15:14

        1)Do you deal with the phone opening service here?
      办公电话开户是在这儿吧?

    2) Will you use the phone at home or in the office?
      您的电话是家庭用还是单位用?

    3) I am intending to transact phone moving procedure,  for I've moved.
      我搬家了,因此想办理移机手续。

    4) Please leave a person at home these days, for our       staff will go and install it for you.
      请您这几天家中留人,我们的工作人员将为您上门安装。

    5) Can I still use the present number after phone moving?
      请问移机后我现在的电话号码还能继续用吗?

    6) It depends on where to move.
      这要看您移到哪儿了。

    7) My friends who know my original number won't be able to reach me?
      那知道我旧号的朋友将找不到我了?

    8) It's a pleasure to be in the service of you.
      非常容幸能够为您服务。

    9) I want to transact the call display service.
      我想办理来电显示业务。

    10) You need pay 3 a month for the commission, which will be added into your telephone fee.
      每月3元的服务费将和您的电话费算在一起。

    11) I will never be waken up by calls when I take a nap after lunch.
       我在睡午觉时就不会被电话吵醒了。

    12) During the period of don't disturb service, all phones coming will be answered by the Telecom.
       在免打扰服务期间,所有来电将由电信公司代答。

    13) Is there outgoing call barring during the period?
    这段时间内往外打电话受限制吗?

    14) You have to use a phone with the call display function.
       您必须使用具有来电显示功能的电话机。

    15) I'd like to know if we can install a pay call.
       我想咨询一下,可以在我们那儿安装一部公用电话吗?

    16) A pay call should be in the charge of a special person according to our administration rules.
       按照我们的管理办法,公用电话是要有专人负责的。

    17) The customers are always complaining that it's not convenient to make a call when shopping.
       顾客总是抱怨购物时打电话不方便。

    18) You can use don't disturb service when you don't want to be disturbed by calls.
       当您在某一段时间里不希望有来电干扰时,就可以使用免打扰服务。

    19) We will do the rest.
       余下的由我们来做。

    20) Thanks for your information.
       感谢您提供的信息。

     

    He Xin: Excuse me, do you deal with the phone opening service here?

    贺信:请问,办理电话开户是在这儿吧?

    Servant: Yes, we are dealing with the hand-free telephone opening service. Will you use it at home or in the office?

    服务员:是的,在这儿办理固定电话的开户业务。你的电话是家庭用还是单位用?

    He Xin: It's a personal phone. 

    贺信:是个人电话。

    Servant: Please fill in the new phone opening application card. You'd better write down clearly your name, the detailed address, the contact person, the contact phone and your ID card number. Oh, you have to give me your ID card and its duplicate.

    服务员:请您先填写新设电话申请卡 一定要把您的姓名、详细地址、联系人、联系电话、身份证号码写清楚,对了,请把您的身份证和身份证复印件给我

    He Xin: Here you are. I am filling the form. (after checking the application card)

    贺信:给你,我来填表。(审查完申请卡)

    Servant: That's all right, and this is your return receipt. Please give me 20for the commission,100 for the cost of production, 60 for phone charge store, which amount to 180.

    服务员:好了,这是给您的受理回执。请您交手续费20元、工料费100元、话费存储60元,共180元。

    He Xin: Here you are.

    贺信:给你。

    Servant: This is the receipt. Please leave a person at home these days, for our staff will go and install if for you.

    服务员:这是收据,请您这几天家中留人,我们的工作人员将为您上门安装。

     

    普通固定电话除了常见的通话功能外,还可以有以下附加功能:
    会议电话:可同时与多个用户通话,通话各方在各自的办公室内利用电话完成要商讨的工作。
    三方通话:提供三个用户同时通话的方便,甲与乙通话,可在不中断的情况下拨叫丙,实现三方共同通话或分              别与两方通话。
    呼出限制:也称发话限制,类似给予电话机加了一把电子密码锁,只有知道密码的用户可以打电话,目的是      限制不知道密码的人打电话。
    遇忙回叫:当拨叫对方电话号码遇忙时,在对方电话空闲时不用拨号即能自动接通对方并回叫您接听电话。
    呼叫等待:当正与对方通电话时,遇有另一用户呼叫您的电话,可以根据需要,保留一方,与另一方通话。
    转移呼叫:当有事外出时,为了避免耽误接听电话,可使用转移呼叫业余,当电 话转移到临时去处的电话机上,此后,如果有电话呼入,即可自动转移。
    热线服务:也叫免拨号接通服务,拿起耳机不用拨号,稍等片刻,即可自动接通对方电话。
    缩位拨号:对经常联系的市内电话、国内、国际长途电话号码,采用缩位拨号,只需用1~2位数字代号就能代替原来的多位电话号码,即省时又方便。
    来电显示:能将来电号码自动显示于话机屏幕上,使用户通过来电号码,识别来电人身份,从而选择是否接听。
    电话信箱:当别人拨通时,可按语音操作提示留言,留言内容可以随时利用任何一台双音频电话提取,电话信箱在国外也称为虚拟电话。

Open Toolbar